We’re spoiled with the presence of yet another Remote CEO rockstar in Derek Andersen who is at the helm of a successful business that’s driven by values and a mission that focuses on community and building friendships. Communities, friendships and networks are so important for you to grow your location-independent career and Derek shares his insights on how to find and grow your tribes so that you can optimise your search for remote opportunities.
listen & watch
- Why it’s important to identify and articulate your values (even if they’re aspirational)
- The common misunderstanding of work-life balance and what it means in the real world
- He talks about the power of networking and the value of meeting new people face-to-face
- Tips on how to make new connections and break the ice even if you find it difficult to start conversations
- How to pick a niche to operate in
- How remote working is likely to evolve over the coming years
- Derek’s opinion on the likely characteristics and natural fits for his team of remote workers
Meet Your Host: Alex Wilson-Campbell
I’m the Founder of Remote Work Life and a Hiring Strategist, Digital Marketer, Remote Worker Mentor. I'm also a family man, and want to share what I’ve learned about remote over the last 10 years. I launched my first remote venture back in 2009 when I created a career development portal that attracted advertising clients such as Sony, BBC, MI5 and The National Archive and helped hundreds of job seekers with their career choices.
Note: Some of the resources below may be affiliate links, meaning I receive a commission (at no extra cost to you) if you use that link to make a purchase.
Derek's Bevy Website
Derek's Start Up Grind Website
Derek Andersen On LinkedIn
Download The Transcript
Join Thousands Of Listeners
Click The Button To The Right To Join Thousands Of Listeners Who Are Getting Tips On How To Work Remotely From Experts, CEOs And Entrepreneurs